Wednesday, June 19, 2013

So this last fall I was lucky enough to be able to go on a moose hunting trip with my dad, uncle, and grandfather. This has been my grandfather's dream to be able to take me on one, but with me going to school it just has not been possible until this last fall. We went for ten days, and in our hunting party of 8 people we got six moose. The reason we could get so many is because we had two hagglunds. Hagglunds are old army vehicles that have two cabs and are track and amphibious. They are pretty amazing and they allow us to get to places that normally would not be accessible to people. I ended up getting the biggest moose of the trip on the second to last day we were there! The rack only measured about 53" across but it had 11 brow tines! For all you hunting fanatics out there, this moose had 11 cows with it, and weighed about 2500 lb. before we cleaned it. Here are some of the pictures from the trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment